December 29, 2011
Women need to take back the public Gender dialogue from the Genderists.
From Right Wing Conservatives to Transgenderists, all the members of the Genderist spectrum claim that certain unrelated traits, roles, abilities and proclivities are based on reproductive sex (or it’s facsimile). And they are forcing their sexist beliefs into law. Females are being driven back into the dark ages.
Help me with this. What initiatives would fix this mess?
What are some of the Gender Initiatives that those harmed by Gender (females) should be actively lobbying for?
- Laws against Gender based marketing to children should passed, and enforced, including toys, activities, media including television film and internet.
- Genderism should be eliminated from public education, and not on an “opt out” basis either. All students should take Home Ec and Shop, whether they want to or not. Sex based discrimination such as hetero prom requirements and sex based dress requirements for school photos should be outlawed as well. Sex-based differences in rules about clothing should be eliminated. The only difference based on sex in public schools should be actually based on biological sex (and in defense of females against male predation traditions) such as female bathroom facilities, female sports opportunities, female locker rooms, appropriate sex-based health care. Schools should be evaluated for sex-based equality in achievement, and departments which show a sex-based disparity should be fixed.
- Violence against females should be prosecuted as a hate crime, with increased penalties.
- Curfews for males in areas where male crimes exceed female crimes by more than 20%.
- Censure of advertising which exploits Gender stereotyping based on sex.
- Penalties for all commercial enterprises who exhibit sex-based bias in numbers of females represented, female beauty requirements, sex inequity in producers, directors, staff, crew, techies, laborers, associates, workers, management, executive boards, union members, etc. Penalties exist until inequities are corrected. Funds from penalties go to training females.
- States with more than 10% sex difference in representation should be federally penalized with decreased funding.
- All overseas aid should be retracted for countries with more than 10% sex difference in government.
- All laws enshrining legal status for sex-based roles (“Gender Identity”) should be eliminated and replaced by laws against sex-based discrimination.
- 200% tax on pornography, tax benefiting initiatives to support females out of porn.
- Huge fines for punters/johns, criminalization, and the money going to supporting females out of prostitution.
- Class action suit reimbursing Lesbians and Gays retroactively for tax penalties for sex-based tax discrimination.
Okay, help me out here. Add your legal initiative that will help fix this whole female hating/sexism/gender mess. Or critique the ones I’ve added. Let’s make a master list of what it would take to turn this shit around. A do-able, actionable, list of initiatives that we can lobby for. Be realistic but visionary. Be concrete. Let’s make a list of goals to implement in 2012.
December 29, 2011
FTMs: Girl Things I won’t get rid of after transition-
Pink pajamas, fuzzy bunny slippers, pink slippers, conditioner, lotion, pink hoodie, pretty teardrop knife, colorful socks, yoga pants, jacket, hair care products, knitting, pony stuff, jewelry, birth control, stuffed animals, anime and manga, prom dress, baby clothes, pajama pants, crochet, nail polish, eyeliner, pierced ears, beadwork, knitting, sewing, conditioners and shampoos, facial mud masks, bubble baths, stuffed animal, striped socks, boots, jacket, dolls, skirts, sewing, embroidery, stuffed animals, nancy drew books, shampoo, conditioners, scented wall plug-ins, knick-knacks, belly-dancing stuff, jewelry, knitting, colorful socks, jewelry, engagement ring, painting my toenails, stuffed animals, prom dress, conditioners and shampoos, nail polish, hair stuff, notepads, pink things, knitting, jewelry, make-up, pants, stuffed animals, knitting, purple clothes, socks, musical instruments, feminine behavior habits that I taught myself to “try to be normal”, crochet, jacket, jewelry, stuffed animals, painting drawing and sculpting, stuffed animals, underwear, socks, tops, jewelry, stuffed animals, dolls, purses, make-up, skin products, hair products, bright patterned socks, puppies and kittens, jewelry, clothing, hair straightener, lotion, stuffed animals, hair straightener, twilight series, lesbian books, DVDS, hope chest, Tegan and Sara CDs, knitting, Backstreet Boys CDs, nail polish, stuffed animals, plushies, yaoi manga, paintings, teddy bear, shampoos, shower gels, underwear, pink diary, pink horse grooming tool box, scarves, nail polish, floral sheets, stuffed animals, dolphin and puppy stickers, underwear, dresses and skirts, crotchet, beadwork, ceramics, yarn, armpit shaving, nail polish, ponies, nail polish, Gilmore Girls DVDs, stuffed animals, chick flicks, cooking, stuffed animals, artwork, pettypoint, stuffed animals, stickers, stationary, pajama pants, clothing, teddy bear, wig, stuffed animals, pants, nail polish, underwear, “Labyrs-like pendant”, Lesbian books, pink flower bed linen, old photos of me, my “sense of style”, stuffed animal, skin care products, lotion, stuffed animals, pajama pants, Christmas sweater, perfume, the color lavender, stuffed animals, acting, decorating and photography, being afraid of snakes, coloring books, HS senior picture, dresses.
MTFs: Boy Things I won’t get rid of after transition-
Male sex drive, interest in “exclusively gay stuff”, poker, football and hockey, “maturity and general good taste”, good music, playing drums and starting an all M2T band, guns and knives, hunting and fishing, fast cars, weight lifting, video games, jacket, technical things, engineering and physics stuff, football and baseball, violent video games and horror movies, jackets, combat boots, fast cars, big trucks, fishing, guns, more guns, jackets, comics and video games, real rock music, baseball, black powder weapons, heavy metal music, “outright enjoyment of confrontation”, my addiction to porn, nerd games, need for girlfriend to feel protected by, and proud of me, sci fi and fantasy genres, time with male friends, colognes, $400 sunglasses, band t-shirts, Vans and Converse shoes, jacket, NY Yankees cap, boxers, Xbox, snowboard, cars, racing license, watching rugby, action anime, fart jokes, saying the word “bro”, my “guyish personality”, being the big spoon when spooning, boxers and boxer briefs, bacon, woodworking tools, rugby, hockey, loud bands, pom poms and tight jazz pants from HS dance team, weight lifting, sports, football, baseball, guns, target shooting, fishing, metal music, expensive suits and bespoke shoes, woodworking tools worth $10,000, video games, football and baseball, being a huge nerd, beating people at driving games, cars and trucks, cowboy hat, toy collection, hunting compound bow, games, anime, manga, video games and guitar playing, “Real Rock” music, flying- solo pilot’s license, learning to sail, maths, physics and science, computers, geeky stuff, my penis, video games, my sense of being protective over my sister, competitiveness, geeky stuff, cologne, sports, buffalo wings, “my career”.
Compiled from the “Boy/Girl Things I Won’t Give Up” threads on a trans forum.
December 24, 2011
December 22, 2011
According to an article published today on MSNBC, attorneys for Bradley Manning, the WikkiLeaks guy, are planning a Gender Identity Disorder defense to show diminished capacity due to mental disorder.
From the article:
“The defense stated Saturday that Manning, 24, had written to one of his supervisors when he was stationed in Iraq before his arrest and said he had concluded he was suffering from gender identity disorder, which is classified as a medical disorder in the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems. He included a photo of himself dressed as a woman in the letter and said the issue was affecting his ability to do his job or think clearly.”
“Manning is charged with aiding the enemy and violating the Espionage Act. If found guilty, he could be sentenced to life in prison.
If Manning’s case does go to court martial, his attorneys will apparently be just the second defense team to attempt to use a gender identity disorder as at least a partial defense in a military case, according to Jack King, a staff attorney with the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys specializing in mental health issues.
The only other case on record, he said, involved Karen Davis, a Navy electrician’s mate, second class, formerly known as Charles Marx, who was prosecuted in the mid-1980s “for wearing women’s clothing (a skirt, nylons, a women’s blouse, a bra, women’s fashion jeans, nail polish, a purse, and a wig) on numerous occasions while at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard.”
In appealing her court martial in 1988, Davis’ attorneys argued that such conduct was not illegal. They also stated that, while living as Marx, she had been diagnosed by several Navy psychiatrists as having gender identity disorder and that cross-dressing was therapeutic.
The military appeals court allowed her dishonorable discharge to stand for the reason that cross-dressing was “prejudicial to good order and discipline and discrediting of the Armed Forces.”
King said such a case would be unlikely today, given the greater understanding of gender identity disorder.
“Now, if a person could show that because he or she believed themselves to be a member of the opposite sex they had an irresistible impulse to cross-dress, they would in all likelihood qualify for a medical discharge,” he said.
Several attorneys who work with transgender legal issues said they were not aware of a gender identity disorder defense being raised in a civilian court, and King said it’s easy to see why not, noting that such a diagnosis “doesn’t prevent you from knowing right from wrong.” The disorder is most often raised in criminal proceedings as part of an overall insanity defense, or by expert witnesses arguing that a defendant is so mentally damaged that he or she should be committed, he said.”
Read the whole article by clicking the link above.
Photo is from The Guardian.
December 18, 2011
December 17, 2011
F2T exercising a choice that “transgender children” (who are sterilized before sexual maturity) never get to make. The choice to be a biological parent.